My Last Day of Summer


Summer flew by too fast for me. I had to work all summer long.  I was flitting from place to place doing this and that; meeting people; planning events and generally putting all my fingers in too many pies.  Or cookies. Yep, I was baking, too.  These days, more people are discovering my bakes and there is talk about getting into business with me.  I'm too exhausted to think straight!   


I felt unhinged. I so relate to the woman who wrote about numbing herself from heartbreak.  I was doing just that, with busywork.  I feel a bad day or a spell coming on and I get right down to pressing it down into a little ball and tucking it under so much garbage.  I manage, for a time, but then grow listless and slightly neurotic.  It doesn't help that the couple I was helping plan their wedding (next year) asked me to style them for their pre-nuptual photos (waaay big a deal hereabouts, to be shown at cocktail reception or even in a photo book type invitation) which meant an unplanned (for me) day trip to Subic Bay. Oh they got a professional photographer but didn't feel comfortable.  They were asked to bring clothes for this or that look -sporty casual, elegant dinner duds and some sunset beach promenading. Right! Much too vague for non fashionista couples or those who couldn't care less otherwise. This couple didn't want the pre-nup photos to come out too contrived. Or mushy.  Just think romantic movie moment that won't make you squirm, burst out laughing, grow beet red or worse...lost. Get inspired by these. Props and the right accessories are must haves. Awesome use of scenery is best! 

It turned out fun and there is no denying how therapeutic it is to watch other people stress over in-laws-to-be and wedding details (I can only agree to disagree hehe).  I am also too happy to find myself on a beach on the last day of summer. No, I didn't get to swim. 


We (photographers et al) had to go around Anvaya Cove Beach and Nature Club, a members only resort) setting up for the photo shoot and chasing the light.  
 My role is to make sure the couple was wearing the right outfit and the right color for the backdrop (beach, rocks, shore, swimming pool, bridges, trees and just about anywhere with a bit of romance and drama) and dispense some "posing" tips.

 After my part is done, I am free to walk about and take tons of pictures and marvel at how healing nature scenes (and being alone in the midst of it) can be.


Because right then, walking barefoot on cool water and warm sand, watching the sun turn the skies yellow, crimson, purple and gray and every color in between I finally let myself break.




I came home a little more sane than when I left. And free, finally.   

P.s.  The food at Anvaya is really good.  We would have eaten at the buffet lounge but there's a time limit and there's plenty more photo layouts to get through.  We opted for lunch on the beachfront. 
I had baked potatoes and fries; sizzling sisig (pork cheeks); barbecued liempo (pork belly); sinigang (sour soup) and pad thai (noodles). All my comfort food.
 The wi-fi connection extends way beyond the beach that I was IG-ing like mad while trying not to drop my cellphone into the water.  Neat!
On the way home we had dinner at Bulgogi Brothers at the Harbor Point Mall.  I didn't take pictures - low light won't do the food justice. Plus, we were so hungry and there's still a long (but not that long) ride ahead of us that we ate as soon as the meat started sizzling and browning on the table grill.  I'll take pictures next time! We got Starbucks coffee to go, to take away some of the heaviness from all the eating.  

Comments

  1. Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
    The text in your content seem to be running off the screen in Safari.
    I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to
    do with web browser compatibility but I figured I'd post to let you know.

    The layout look great though! Hope you get the issue fixed soon.
    Kudos

    Here is my blog :: zanotti homme solde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! OOooh I will have to ask someone about that I am still not terribly savvy about blogging issues thanks for letting me know and thanks for liking my blog : )

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts